Many organizations are focused on building diverse and inclusive cultures.
To support that, they’ve made progress on building more diverse teams; but is diversity enough? Not according to employees. Their workplace might be more diverse, but their experience is not always inclusive.
Workplace experience shapes whether people remain and thrive—and no one influences that experience more than leaders. Teams with inclusive leaders report higher performance, better decisions, and more collaboration. But many leaders don’t know what to do differently to be more inclusive.
Inclusive Leadership: Practical Ways to Cultivate Inclusion & Build a Better Team™ shows leaders that leading inclusively isn’t about doing more. It’s a way to prioritize inclusion in daily behaviors to disrupt bias and create an environment where everyone feels valued and sees an opportunity to thrive.
Teams with inclusive leaders are:
Introducing Inclusive Leadership: Practical Ways to Cultivate Inclusion & Build a Better Team™
Inclusive Leadership consists of three sessions and is available in multiple learning modalities, each includes reinforcement microlearning.
Session 1: Connect to Understand
- Understand why leading inclusively is a core leadership skill.
- Build meaningful connections with each team member to increase understanding of their needs
Session 2: Create Opportunity
- Disrupt the influence of bias while evaluating team members’ contributions and potential.
- Advocate for each team member consistently and frequently to increase their visibility.
- Assign work with the intent of helping people develop and display their potential.
Session 3: Cultivate Team Inclusion
- Model inclusive behaviors during daily interactions.
- Work with their team to identify and commit to inclusive culture-building behaviors.
- Effectively offer redirecting feedback on non-inclusive behaviors that impact the team’s culture.
- Participant Guide
- Inclusive Leadership Cards
How to Experience FranklinCovey Content
This course is included in the FranklinCovey All Access Pass®. This pass provides your organization unlimited access to all of our content, whenever and wherever you need it.
Dynamic education and development, available online from any location.
Expert education and development delivered face-to-face.
Content available to your people anywhere, any time.
Engage With Us
Please fill out the form below, and one of our customer service agents will contact you. shortly.